Before we start, here are some interesting information about fibroids according to a studies. Did you know?
Between 80% and 90% of African American women and 70% of white women will develop fibroids by age 50. (source: nichd.nih.gov/health)
Uterine fibroids and lifestyles including diet, physical activity and stress (source: ncbi.nlm.gov)
1. Avoid processed foods and those with high glycemic index (like fries, white bread, instant white rice)
2. Exercise! According to one study, the more exercise women have, the less likely they are to get uterine fibroids (source)
3. Try castor oil packs. It can increase circulation in the circulatory and lymphatic systems
4. Lead a stress free life. Meditate
5. Avoid exposure to environmental toxins. Use organic products including natural feminine care products and make up.
6. Eat green leafy vegetables and high fiber fruit.
7. Include supplements that reduces fibroid. These include Vitex, Fish oil, B-complex, Milk Thistle.
8. Drink herbal teas. Here are some example Green Tea, Chaste tree, Ginger, Yarrow tea, Black cohost tea, Red raspberry leaf tea, False unicorn root, dandelion, echinea, bundock root.